Monday, January 12, 2009

Life Long Learning

Hello, this is readingit, checking in to talk to you about Life Long Learning. While I admire the concepts in the presentation of "7.5 habits of effective learners", I thought they were pretty obvious. In life, we must have an open mind, a thirst for knowledge, and the idea that we can do anything we put our mind to. That's what perpetuates life long learning, and that's what we need to be useful, educated members of society. As with life long learning- we need to accept responsibility for our education, get through "problems" by dealing with them as challenges, find tools and resources to help us, and share our knowledge with others.
Out of all the concepts, the one I would say is the hardest would be "Begin with the End in Mind". For me, I never know if I'm going to like something, have talent for something, etc, so I always start with an OPEN mind, and see where it takes me. Starting with the End in Mind becomes extra challenging, if I do not succeed or if I have a harder time with a new task/concept, etc. Plus, it is harder to have confidence in yourself, if you start with the End in Mind and are far from it. :)
The easiest concept is Accepting Responsibility for my learning, which is why anyone who knows me knows... I never hesitate to ask a question!
Thanks for reading!
Signing off,
readingit

No comments:

Post a Comment